Monday, November 08, 2004

Karachi by Car

I love driving. For as long back as I can remember, I was always the designated driver. The four of us would hatch a plan- a simple bunk from college or a sudden craving for Mr Burger and off we would go creating our own brand of adventure in this wild wild city we call Karachi. Almost ten years later, and I still love driving. We have moved on though. From the tiny sputtering borrowed FX in college to hard-earned much-loved rattling bug in the post graduation days. Days are still more different now, more the sky-blue-alto sort, but the high remains.

4 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger sam said...

I LOVE driving as well. Went from beat up fx days to snazzy khyber days; from poondifying in Defence to navigating the dodgy lanes of Urdu Bazaar and Lakshmi to taking day trips upcountry via the culturally rich GT road. Sadly enough, I don't have a car here, so I get driven to any place I need. I'll be driving all week long in Lahore. Looking forward to that :).

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Chiquita Banana said...

Sunflowers. How could you forget the Sunflowers in Mr.Green?

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger M K Abbas said...

I guess its natural progression for our generation of Pakistanis to start driving with an FX and move on to other cars.
And speaking of the beattle, I still remember the day when I saw all of you together for the first time. I was dropping Naj of from University and you guys caught up with us near bilawal house and forced Naj to join in - I was like hmmm a beattle full of ladies :D hahahahahaha!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Mars said...

Driving is a wonderful feeling..

p.s. your posts are so easy-to-read yet insightful..thanks... its a rare trait in blogs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home