Friday, August 04, 2006

blogwordofthedayagain

warm summer rain has such memories for me-
playing on daddo dadas 35/s walee chatt with naj and binny-
in the afternoons when the grown-ups slept-
trying not to jump too hard lest they hear us-
it was always august of course- holidays- time off-
splashing in the dips on the roof where the water would fill up-
doing our "mausam mastana" steps- childhood fun

going downstairs chilled to the warmth of the lounge
the grown-ups having tea and pakoras-
watching the rain through the huge window
watching the brown turn green and then brown again
freshly washed hair after playing in the rain-

rain always has such particular songs attached to it-
songs that change as i have changed-
all come flooding back to me-
rain makes me happysad.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello...I have been reading your other blog quite regularly "the walk of wife"...however I don't have a blogger id...so thought I will comment here...see...I have read that mashallah you have a perfect marriage...your completely in love ...and you had a really great wedding.... I am actually at this stage of my life where everyone is trying to set me up because I haven't found anyone on my own...so my question is...is it foolish to think that there is that ' he's the one' kinda guy out there for every girl...I mean I am asking this...because when I am being set up...I just freak out and think that he's not for me...maybe they are just perfect for me after all and I just don't see it...so how does someone know that...this is it! he/she is the one...?? I thought I will ask because you seem to talk about relationships and what not & your in a perfect relationship too...anyways don't freak out if this is way too long a comment here...hope to hear from you...see ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home